IUE-CWA Local 81381, Federation of Social Workers, walked in the Rochester Pride parade in support of the Rochester community as well as our LGBT brothers and sisters. The Labor contingent included CSEA, SEIU1199 and PEF.
The National Committee will:
- Provide guidance and information to the districts and locals on the CWA Civil Rights and Equity program.
- Keep the national Executive Board informed about civil and human rights issues that affect our members and communities, and when necessary offer a course of action.
- Research, report and make recommendations to give direction to the convention delegates on current civil and human right issues.
- Work along all sides of the CWA Triangle.
Major Program Goals
- Work to fully integrate civil rightsissues with core work of the union.
- Increase grassroots activity on civil rights issues.
- Increase community visibility of CWA Civil Rights and Equity program.
- Improve communications between CWA Civil Rights and Equity office and locals and activist.
- Aggressively seek CWA representation in grassroots civil rights organizations that share our common goals.
View the Committee on Civil Rights and Equity Members and District Coordinators