Jan 31, 2013
- CWA members turned down a tentative agreement with AT&T Southwest. CWA and company bargaining committees will meet this week to discuss issues. CWA represents about 22,000 workers at AT&T Southwest.
- Bargaining continues for a new contract covering 22,000 workers at AT&T Mobility. Mobility members are joining town hall calls to learn more about the issues and get updates on bargaining. To sign up for the Feb. 3 call, click here. To sign up for bargaining updates, click here.
- CWA District 9 began negotiations on Jan. 28 for a new contract covering nearly 5,000 workers at Verizon West in California. Updates are available at District 9 Verizon News.
- CWA Local 7103 has won raises for workers in the Woodbury County Secondary Roads Department in Sioux City, Iowa. Read more here: County, roads workers agree on 2 percent raises.
- CWAers joined mine workers and retirees in a protest against Patriot Coal Corp., a company spun off from Peabody Energy. To survive Chapter 11 bankruptcy, the company wants to get out of its obligation to pay pension and health care benefits to 20,000 mine workers and their families. Read more here: 10 arrested as hundreds of mine workers protest coal company in St. Louis.