CenturyLink members from Local 7096 in Salem, Ore., stand up for a fair contract.
CWA Local 7108 members leaflet to build support for a fair contract at CenturyLink.
Members of Local 9413 in Las Vegas participate in mobilization training for AT&T Mobility bargaining.
CWA members in Davenport, Iowa, mobilize for a fair contract at AT&T Mobility.
- CWA bargainers reached two tentative agreements with CenturyLink/Arkansas covering members of Local 6171. One contact had expired in 2010, the other in 2011. The local bargaining teams, with CWA District 6 Representative Guy Stewart and Telecommunications/Technologies administrative director Lois Grimes-Patow pulled it all together.
- Negotiations are continuing with CenturyLink (the former Qwest) covering 13,000 CWAers in these D7 states: Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Iowa. CWA's Executive Board voted Feb. 13 to authorize the CWA President to set a strike date.
- Bargaining will get underway for a first contract for telecom workers at Lantel Communications in Blue Springs, Mo., who voted last month for representation by CWA Local 6360.
- The contract covering 22,000 AT&T Mobility members covered by the "Orange Contract" has been extended while negotiations continue. The agreement expired late Feb. 9.
- After several months of unsuccessful contract negotiations with C&D Technologies in Attica, Ind., about 250 IUE-CWA represented workers went on strike Wednesday. Read more here.
- CWA Local 3180 members picketed Florida's Indian River County School District office all week, protesting cuts to support staff bonuses and salary schedule. Read more here.